Instagram
Latest Video

Saturday, January 11, 2014

[Anna Sui] Nail Polish - 902 (Review & Swatches)

I'm back with another nail polish review and it is NOT another Etude House one (although I still have lots of Etude House nail polishes to review, so they are coming at you soon!)! YAAAAYYY for that. I feel like all my nail polish review is Etude House lol.


Today I'm going to review a brand I've never tried before

Anna Sui
Anna Sui Nail Polish in 902

I've never thought I will eventually try Anna Sui, mainly because it is so expensive and I'm just not willing to spend that kind of money on nail polish. Fortunately, this one is featured on December 2013 Lolabox (which review is coming to you next), so I was ecstatic about that!

Basics:
  • Retails for Rp 150,000.00 / around US$15
  • 10 ml
  • Not Cruelty-Free
  • No information about the formula, so I presumed it is not 5-free


One of the reason why I have always been intrigued by Anna Sui is the always so adorable packaging. I mean, look at that rose detail on top of the cap please!!! You also have to see their dress nail polish. SO. FREAKING. CUTE. HERE the google result. And also HERE for their special Minnie Mouse nail polish. The best nail polish packaging I have ever seen, that's for sure.


That's my general thought/review on Anna Sui nail polish, now let's get in this specific color.

1 coat
It is a nice leaf green color with beautiful gold shimmer and I really like the color.

As you can see, one coat gives you a very very sheer payoff.


Do you know may coats I layered to get to this opaqueness?

12 COATS!!


The thing though, even though it is 12 layers, as you can see from the photo above, the end result does not make your manicure  as "bulky" as I would have thought a 12 layers nail polish would do.

With that being said, I would still not recommend you to use this nail polish on its own (unless you have the patient and time to wait for each layer to dry), just use this as a top layer since the color really is beautiful.


Not very clear, but you can see the gold shimmer here. The formula of this is really great and very easy to work with.

P.s. formula and opaqueness is a different category for me. Formula= consistency of the nail polish, while Opaqueness= well, the opaqueness of the nail polish


Overall, I do like this particular Anna Sui nail polish, but I wish it could have been more opaque (personal preference). Nevertheless, I love the formula and I'll probably wear it on top of other nail polish as I can imagine this would be a gorgeous greenish gold shimmer topper :)



xoxo, Lily

No comments :

Post a Comment